I'm elated that February is here finally!
Here is a salad George made recently - it was very good.
And the ground hog says Spring will be here sooner rather than later. But this one did not live to tell the story. lol
We went with friends to Black Abbey's "Eight More Beers of Winter" an event - a very crowded one at that. But a joyful one. We chatted and caught up with our friends Don and Lisa and then went to to grab dinner.
We found a free spot to park. But we had a couple or three blocks to walk. It was ok during the daylight but the walk back was dark and lonely and I was glad we were in a group.
We ate at Von Elrod's a sausage house near the Sounds Stadium. Matter of fact it's right beside it.
The food was not JUST sausages, but they had chicken and barbecue and ribs. Oh my gosh it was good. They had "southern goumet sides" too that were out of this world.
George is being silly as usual...lol
Warning - I did not even style my hair. I just put some product in it and let it go. You can tell. lol
They had my Kolsh!
We got the "Big" dinner which feeds 3 to 4. I'd say we inhaled the thing. Very few left overs.
The squash casserole and the potato casserole are not shown.
And this was shared over dinner, lol. Hilarious.
Here we are at the event at Black Abbey. Cheers!
And I was quite shocked by these big guys. It's a Jack Fruit.
No I didn't get it, but wondered what it tasted like.
I went to church yesterday and then was going to go to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch but the spread after church going into Sunday school included breakfast casserole, sausage balls, and pumpkin or zuchini bread (it was homemade and I didn't pass it up). That filled me up so I went straight to the grocery. I totally forgot to stop at the car wash. Oh well.
The groceries look a lot different these days. You can't really see it all, but I had a lot of fresh veggies and the worst of it all was various cheeses that I bought to go with a few casserole dishes. And the tortilla chips to go with the hummus this week.
So about 2:30 or 3 I was hungry again and fixed this salad. I love the fake lobster. And I was in the mood for cheese. It had red bell pepper, celery, fake lobster bites, carrots also.
While I ate that I watched a couple of YouTube Shows, Gone With the Wynns, and M J Sailing.
George cooked us a dinner up for the Super Bowl - It was ready sometime during it. Oh it was so good. The green beans did fabulous in this clay pot dish. Very tender and the carrots were good and flavorful cooked like this. The chicken was juicy also. I love love love clay pot chicken.
And that is all the photos I have. I had a lot!
I did make a decision this weekend. It's one I've been pondering but ended up being exasperated over. But I have decided to make the back bedroom into an office. I'm crammed up in the den in this little corner with next to NO room to spread out. It's very limiting. And crushing trying to work in this small space.
So, I realized that as I'm spending more time doing this side hustle- I am needing MORE SPACE. If I'm going to be serious about this - then I need a serious office. I would LOVE to turn the middle bedroom into an office b/c it is bright and sunny but it is the bigger bedroom and deserves the space to house guests and the queen size bed. And George's office is also in that bedroom so it would disturb too many things. The back guest bedroom is the 2nd guest bedroom, smaller, and the bed is a regular size and the mattress basically is the worst one in the house. But OH I've had such mixed feelings about all this.
Here was my thought process:
Reasons NOT to change the back bedroom into an office.
- My grandparents furniture that they started off their marriage with is in that room. I love it. Would someone else in the family want it? No one usually wants reg size bed. But I won't be selling it. It will be stored downstairs until we have no choice at some point to move and downsize and either someone will have to take it or we would have to sell it at that time.
- I worked really hard getting that bedroom together.
- The bedroom decorated up really well. Matter of fact it's my favorite decor of all the bedrooms.
- Would we ever need two guest bedrooms? In the 11 years we have been here we have only needed two bedrooms twice. One was when Katy had a sleepover (Katy is no longer here) and the second was when Katy got married (life event).
- If I'm in the back I'll be disconnected from the rest of the household and won't be "in the moment" on things.
- It'll be an added expense.
- Would it send George over the edge?
Reasons TO change the back bedroom into an office.
- I need my space to grow my business: files, books, pamphlets, goal boards, planning boards, books, reference materials, shelves, filing cabinet, vision board - etc. And a big thing is to have the printer available.
- I can do my writing and blog entries there and plan without distractions.
- It makes better function of the space. We don't have that many visitors. As right now the room is only used for the closet and storage under the bed and gift wrap supplies in the chest of drawers.
- It will elate me to have my own room of office space instead of being scattered about across the house with all the business materials.
- I can save some of the decor and maybe use it in other parts of the house?
- I will have a yard sale and sell the comforter and some of the decor and some stuff down stairs to offset the cost.
- It will give me some uninterrupted time to be able to do what I need to do.
- We already have a lot of things I need downstairs. Katy's desk from her bedroom and some other things. The cost of anything else will be minimal.
- This will help me in a huge way and I'm very excited about it.
So I was wondering if I needed to paint the room. I think not. While grey is probably not the color I'd have chosen for an office, I will make it work. George is also going to be pulling up the floor in there to see what's under the carpet. Supposedly a wood floor. So this will be an interesting project. it delays me a little bit but I will work on it as I can. I know with all my heart that I believe in this nutrition system and I believe in what it can do for feeding your body what it needs. The problem is convincing others. I'm not a good sales person, but I'm trying to learn b/c I believe in it so. It has helped me so much.
Anyway, I'm excited over the decision to do this conversion and it should be interesting. I think it's just the next things to happen as I move into the next stages of this and closer to my goals.
So I need to get ready for work. I'm behind! Ya'll have a good day! Warm weather the next few days then a 40 degree drop and probably some storms as the week goes on.