Sunday, July 14, 2019
Decision Time on the Blog ~ I'll be Away for a Few Days
I have decided that for right now, I'm not going to blog for a while. Maybe even a good while. The minimum amount of time I will be away is 5 days and the maximum time is two weeks. At that time I'll post my decision on whether I will continue or close the blog. I need to see how I feel at least over a week to two week period and make sure I'm not making a wrong decision on a whim. Why?
1) The blog is not serving me in purpose as it has before.
2) There are so many other things I'm finding that I should be doing with that time.
3) Often the wrong people are reading and it makes me feel vulnerable that I can't be me or that people are on a witch hunt to see if there is a hint of anything that I'm saying or doing wrong.
4) I'm just wanting to be more private in my thoughts. If no one knows what they are I can't be judged on them.
5) I've been two days without comments now. So maybe someone is reading but it feels weird to me when no one comments at all. I've thought about reaching out and publicizing the blog but all the wrong people will flock to it like gnats on mayonnaise.
6) I feel like God is helping me make this decision. It's only a trial decision to see how I feel. I've been doing this blog thing for so very long. It's very sad, but other chapters are unfolding.
7) I'm not getting the time I need to work on some other projects - and I do have a lot of irons in the fire. I need some time to evaluate again what is important in the time of my life that I have left.
8) Most of those who do read the blog know where to find me on Facebook or Instagram. If not I would welcome you on my Facebook feed and Instagram follow as long as I know who you are from this blog. Snoksred? Jan? And others that comment periodically. Most of you are already there anyway.
9) I feel like my blogging and writing experiences are letting me down right now. And working against me instead of for me. Maybe they always have been. But I am not satisfied with it at present. I'm just not feeling it anymore. Maybe God is changing my heart on it.
10) Maybe I'm just tired of blogger itself. Maybe a new medium needs to take hold with a varying purpose. Maybe I'm just at one of those cross roads in my life.
11) Does it feel sad? Yeah kinda. But it's not like I can't come back, or start a new blog somewhere else, or do vlogging instead. It is exciting in a way to be able to fill that time with other things. So many other things I want to do, learn, experience, and succeed in, and reach goals toward.
12) I don't feel like I'm serving anyone else any purpose either. Mostly what this has been is a way to park my feelings and document our life. I'm not really getting to get into my feelings anymore. I don't feel safe in doing so anymore.
13) We'll end with a 13 for good luck. lol. And I'll let that be a question for you. What purpose over the years have you come to this blog for?
And so we'll see how this goes. I'll be back soon to let you know. As early as this Saturday July 20, or as late as Saturday July 27th. One to two weeks ought to give me a chance to be away long enough to think it through. And see if I miss it. Or if I am welcoming my new time with other things. Or if I'm sad, or happy. Or just how I feel. As of right now, my mind is made up, but I'm not going to just do that without giving myself a trial period away. I know myself better than that. I think my Facebook is attached here, you can befriend me if you'd like. I'm just thinking that this is probably the beginning of the end of the blog. I can do mini blog posts on FB as that is where most people are if I have a day I really need to talk or share. I really like Instagram Stories. It's fun and not too personal. But you can share a little. I just don't feel safe or satisfied here any more.